1) Chase the wild animal footprints in “Kaibaldi nõmm”
2) Visit “Kõpu” lighthouse in Kõpu peninsula. The third oldest continually operating lighthouse in the world.
3) Visit Tahkuna lighthouse in Tahkuna peninsula.
4) Visit museums, art galleries in Kassari and Kärdla, memorials and monuments (ancient sacred groves) in Kalaste.
5) Hit the hiking trails in the forests and swamps. Enjoy picking mushrooms and wild berries.
6) Go camping and enjoy the solitude in untouched nature.
7) Take a walk in beautiful islets and nature reserve areas.
8) Visit bird-watching towers to observe the migration of hundreds of species.
9) Enjoy coast side and river fishing. You can ask for the best fishing spots and tips from Hõbekala guesthouse
10) Go paddling and kayaking at the beaches. Come and learn how to surf on the Kõpu peninsula in SurfiParadiis.
11) If you are lucky enough, You might witness the Northern Lights.
Discover more on Hiiu County website
Hiiumaa – one of 15 Estonian counties – is the smallest county by land and population.